I feel like it has been forever since I've written a blog post! It was just one of those kinds of weeks, dear readers. The kind of week where you feel like Monday should be Thursday and every day is both super long and super short. It was also the kind of week where it felt like I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off, but got absolutely nothing done.
So I'm taking a breath and writing a post. Because I both want to and need to so that I can keep my sanity.
This summer Jessica over at Book Plots & Polka Dots and I are embarking on "A Summer of Sarah Dessen." The plan is to read all of her books in publication order and sit down to discuss them for no particular reason other than that we want to and love her books. The year has felt heavy with tough hitting realistic fiction and lots of talk about suicide with the Thirteen Reasons Why Netflix show, and we are in desperate need of happy. And Sarah Dessen makes us happy.
Here's the schedule, just in case you want to read along with us. We'll be meeting at the Jockamo's in Greenwood at 12pm on the dates listed if you want to join the conversation. We'd love to spread some Sarah love around Greenwood!
- May 30th we're discussing That Summer and Someone Like You.
- June 13th we're discussing Keeping the Moon and Dreamland.
- July 3rd we're discussing This Lullaby and The Truth About Forever.
- August 15th we're discussing Along for the Ride and What Happened to Goodbye.
- September 5th we're discussing The Moon and More and Saint Anything.
- And September 19th we're discussing her new release Once and For All.