Thursday, January 5, 2017
Things I Want to Do in 2017
I'm not resolving to do anything this year. That sounds lazy. I'm just not making a firm decision to do anything that will only rack me with guilt when I fail. No siree bob. I'm just going to put these here and hope for the best. A list of things I'd kind of like to do without any accountability from others or myself :)
I want to...
1) Try again to visit at least (5) state parks (but now I have a nifty park pass that Santa brought me!) Would love to take Luna camping at some point, but baby steps. Not sure I'm capable of keeping myself alive on a solo camping trip just yet.
2) Write (6) short stories (pure determination here)
3) Explore (3) zoos. They don't have to be new-to-me, but they do have to have animals and one trip must include at least one nephew.
4) Leave the country. Really hoping this one happens. It might not be the most financially responsible thing to do, but there's never going to be a perfect time, and life's too short to sit around waiting for something that's not going to happen. (Here I come Ireland/Scotland!)
5) Read (120) books and finish at least (5) series that I've set aside for far too long.
6) Enjoy at least (5) movies at the Artcraft Theater. (Stacking the deck with this one...there are six movies I want to see January - March alone :)
7) Finish the American Film Institutes Top 100 movies. I finally watched Citizen Kane last year, but wasn't "wowed". Here's hoping there is something I haven't see that I'll fall in love with.
8) Sit and people watch in Adventureland with a Dole Whip in hand at Disney World.
Chance are I'll only get through a couple of items on this list. And that's okay. I'll just have to see what life has in store. But I'm raising a glass (of sparkling grape juice cause that's how I roll) to making it a great year. Who's with me?!