Just checking in today! I've been in a little bit of a reading rut, so I'm trying to buy myself some blogging time to prep a review. Thus, a short discussion about some of the things that are (or have recently) made me happy.
1) NPR's Pop Culture Happy Hour podcast - They discuss TVs, movies, books, and other pop culture wonderfulness in both hour(ish) long shows or "Small Batches" that are about 10 minutes in length. Speaking of what makes me happy, each long show ends with the hosts going around and sharing what they're enjoying at the moment. And it is lovely.
2) The Way I Heard It with Mike Rowe - I kind of have a crush on Mike Rowe. He's funny. He seems sincere. And he's a very good storyteller. This super short podcast is Mike telling stories, keeping the hook hidden until the end. The fun is trying to guess what the story is really about before that hook comes. I totally figured it out yesterday, and, I'll admit it, I did a little happy dance in my kitchen.
3) Longmire - I kind of totally failed on my summer binge watching plans (see list here). I was easily distracted by other fabulous shows including the OH MY GOODNESS IT WAS SOOOOO GOOD Stranger Things. I'm pretty sure I drove everyone crazy at work with that one. And they have totally disappointed me by not having watched it yet. Anyhoo...on to Longmire. I didn't want to like it. Walt Longmire drove me crazy. He was grouchy. He was sullen. He made some weird life choices. But two and a half seasons in (of four available on Netflix), I was obsessed. I was obsessed to the extent that I called my mother every night to talk about the episodes I had watched and to complain about the things in the show that drove me crazy.
4) My Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - This was a binge while I was home sick for a few days. There are spontaneous musical numbers. And a curvy, realistic, neurotic, likable lead. Please watch it and fall in love with it like I did. And we can talk. And become friends. And plan our own spontaneous musical numbers to make life awesome.
5) And finally...this makes me happy. I mean, like, really happy.
What's making you happy? Did Stranger Things make you happy? Do you wish life had spontaneous musical numbers?
Happy Monday :)