Top Ten Of My Recent 5 Star Reads
(Feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish)
So I don't really hand out "5 stars" all willy nilly. It takes a lot for me to LOVE a book. I mean...I have to really LOVE it. So I'm going with ten recent books that got extremely high marks :)
What are some of your recent favorites?
1) Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen
One of her best. A sweet, emotional, heartbreaking contemporary fiction title.
2) The Day the Crayons Quit by Oliver Jeffers
The reason why everyone, including adults, should pick up a picture book from time to time.
3) The Martian by Andy Weir
A brilliant, funny, terrifying book that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
4) Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
One of the best authors of historical teen fiction today.
5) You're Never Weird On the Internet by Felicia Day
A hilarious memoir by a fascinating, genius of a woman.
6) My True Love Gave to Me by Stephanie Perkins
A great short story collection by some of YA's best authors.
7) The Royal We by Heather Cocks
A light, entertaining read that will probably make you happy not to be royalty.
8) Hellhole by Gina Damico
A hilarious, witty misadventure.
9) Unhooked by Lisa Maxwell
A thrilling new take on the Peter Pan story.
10) The Prom Goer's Interstellar Excursion by Chris McCoy
An alien rockband in space. Pure awesomeness