Top Ten Resolutions I Have for 2016
(Feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish)
"Resolutions" for this particular post could be "bookish, personal resolutions" etc. according to The Broke and the Bookish blog. I could write here that I will take all of my earned time off at work. I'll exercise more, watch less TV, and do something that scares me. But I'm not going to write that down here. I'm not good at "personal resolutions", and I don't really see the point in setting myself up for disappointment. Life sometimes just gets in the way.
But I like book resolutions. 1) because I am nerd and 2) because I've learned not to feel guilty when I don't complete them. It's an ideal, not necessarily an expectation. This year, though, I think I'll make "hobby" goals. Mix it up a little bit. A few for books. A few for crafting. A few of general nonsense. And we'll see how that goes.
So here are my 10 hobby-ish goals for 2016...
1) Read the copy of Crime and Punishment I bought and finish my 2015 goal of reading a work of Russian literature.
2) Read 120 books
3) Complete at least (1) TBR list
4) Write and blog a "short story" based on a prompt at least once a month
5) Participate in and complete 50,000 words for National Novel Writing Month in November
6) Visit (5) State Parks
7) Visit (1) zoo I have never been to
8) Finish watching the American Film Institutes Top 100 movies
9) Film at least (12) video reviews
10) Complete (3) puzzles :) (because why not?)
What are your resolutions for 2016?