Top Ten Favorite Heroines from Books
(Feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish)
This list was extremely difficult because there are so many female book heroines that I've come to respect, root for, and applaud. They are strong, independent, stubborn, and willing to put themselves on the line for what they believe in. To narrow it down to ten seems kind of wrong. What about Hermione Granger and her loyalty and intelligence? Or "Verity" and her unbelievable courage and friendship? Or Flavia de Luce and her curiosity and determination? Or Meg Murry and her awkwardness and fierceness? There are just so many ladies to love...so here are ten of my favorites. Not necessarily all-time favorites, but favorites none the less.
Who's on your list?
1) Cyn Rothschild in Evil Librarian by Michelle Knudsen
2) Harper Price in Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins
3) Celaena Sardothien in Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
4) Blue Sargent in The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
5) Lina Vilkas in Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
6) Lex Bartleby in Croak by Gina Damico
7) Katarina Bishop in Heist Society by Ally Carter
8) Thursday Next in The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
9) Sophronia Temminnick in Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carrier
10) Celia Bowen in The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern