Top Ten Most Anticipated Debuts in 2015
(Feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish)
I don't go looking for debut authors when I start my reading lists for the year, so I appreciate the bit of homework I had to do to put this list together. Here are a few that stood out for me!
What's on your list?
1) The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey
Did you say for people who liked Shadow and Bone? Yes please!
2) The Conspiracy of Us by Maggie Hall
Secret societies! A guilty pleasure :)
3) The Wrong Side of Right by Jenn Marie Thorne
"For fans of Sarah Dessen and Huntley Fitzpatrick..." Enough said.
4) Made You Up by Francesca Zappia
"...that will appeal to fans of Wes Anderson..." You had me at Moonrise Kingdom.
5) Dead to Me by Mary McCoy
"LA Confidential for the YA audience. This alluring noir YA mystery with a Golden Age Hollywood backdrop will keep you guessing until the last page."
Kind of excited about this one!
6) Hello, I Love You by Katie M. Stout
"...in this fun and fresh romantic novel in the vein of Anna and the French Kiss."
7) Court of Fives by Kate Elliott
A new fantasy world.
8) We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach
"Four high school seniors put their hopes, hearts, and humanity on the line as an asteroid
hurtles toward the Earth..." I don't want to close my eyes
9) Denton Little's Deathdate by Lance Rubin
"Fans of John Green and Matthew Quick: Get ready to die laughing."
10) Valiant by Sarah McGuire
A fairy tale retelling. Yay!