Top Ten Reading Goals for 2015
(Feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish)
I'm not really big into New Year's resolutions. Life just never plays out the way I want it to (this coming from the girl who planned out all her vacation days in January of 2014, but is now about to lose a whole week and carry one over :) Stuff happens, so I just try to do my best every day and roll with the punches.
But reading goals are different. They keep me focused. And I'm just a total nerd. TOTAL nerd. SO book goals mean lists, and spreadsheets, and reviews, and this here blog...and I'm getting excited just think about it. So if you will indulge me some as I spazz out a bit, here are my reading goals for 2015.
1) Read 20 adult books. This is HUGE people. I only read two in 2014. A bit of a leap and a dream, but I've already got my list of to-reads going, and if I schedule accordingly, I think I can make it happen.
2) Read a work of Russian literature. (Which is also two birds with one stone :) I think I've settled on Crime and Punishment. We'll see how it goes.
3) Listen to 15 audiobooks. (If you notice, I can pull double duty on a lot of these goals. That is called "strategery.")
4) Read 5 nonfiction books. Made it through one in the final days of 2014.
5) Read all of the books on the TBR winter/spring/summer/fall lists I create. Kind of super bad at this. Oh the distraction of shiny new books coming in to the library.
6) Read at least 1 hour a day. While binging is fun, it wears me out. Slow and steady wins the race.
7) Read at least 125 books. Keeping the goal the same as 2014. I just conquered in 2013 and fell just short in 2014, so it feels like a comfortable number.
8) Visit 5 new libraries. Because that's a cool thing to do. Don't roll your eyes at me.
9) Read at least 10 picture books. Reading widely is the game for 2015...so that has to include the joy of pictures and books.
10) Update my blog, Goodreads account , and awesome spreadsheet for every book I read.
So there it is. My reading goals for 2015. Wish me luck!
What's on your list of resolutions/goals for 2015?