Tuesday, December 23, 2014
My Reading Year
So I kept triple track of what I read this year. There was this here blog, of course. Goodreads, because you can never have too many Goodreads lists going. And a Google Doc spreadsheet because I'm just that kind of girl :)
And here's my reading year by the 2014 goals and the numbers:
My 2014 reading goals were...
1) Reads at least 125 books. As it stands right this moment, I've completed 108. So a sort of fail...
2) Read one adult book each month. FAIL. Uber fail. Gotta try a little harder next year on that one. Maybe I'll have to make a reading calendar to go along with all of my lists :)
3) Read four nonfiction books. FAIL. One snuck in there :)
4) Listen to five audiobooks. SUCCESS!!! Who listened to 13 audiobooks? This girl! Please excuse me as I high-five myself!
5) Finally visit and explore my local comic book store. SUCCESS! And I visit often.
6) Participate in World Book Night. FAIL. Life. Geez.
7) Complete one graphic novel/manga series each month. FAIL. But I read a lot, so I'm not feeling guilty.
8) Update my blog and Goodreads account for every book I read. SUCCESS!
9) Attempt, once again, not to feel guilt for not reading every new book that comes into the library. FAIL. Professional hazard.
10) Finish Graceling. SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!! It only took me 3 years and 14 checkouts. Who cares about the rest of the goals? I conquered my white whale!
So a year by the numbers...
27 Graphic Novels
42 Teen Books
3 Adult Books
Not a bad year :) There's still a little time left. Maybe I can sneak a little closer to 125 by the 31st.
How did you do this year?