10 6 Blogging Confessions
(Feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish)
So I couldn't come up with 10, and while I started to feel a bit guilty about that, I realized that I just have to let my guilt go when it comes to books and writing, and embrace that I've kept this endeavor going far longer than I ever thought I would. That being said, here are a few of my blogging confessions.
1) I'm terrible at proofreading. Horrible. And I like commas,. and I'm sure I over use them, a lot
2) I feel guilty when I don't post. Really guility. It's not as if the five wonderful people who actually read my blog would even notice, but I feel committed to this here blog, and when I skip a day it's like I've forgotten to turn in a homework assignment.
3) I'm not always as honest as I'd like to be. I can't even imagine having a book published. The time. The frustration. The bravery to have your words read by others. So when I come across a book I don't particularly like, it's hard for me to say how I truly feel because I so totally admire that authors who have the courage to put themselves out there.
4) If it wasn't for this blog, it is very likely that I would have no recollection of what I've read. I'm kind of terrible at remembering plots and names.
5) I really write to amuse myself. I sometimes think my reviews need to sound more professional, and then I realize that the whole point of this exercise has been to express myself, so it can't be helped that a little bit of my weirdness slips onto the screen. Some of my favorite posts to write have been about random things I think are awesome (i.e. Tim Curry), and those are purely for my own enjoyment.
6) I don't make enough time to keep up with some of my favorite bloggers. Really need to do that.
Can't wait to see what's on your list!