Monday, July 7, 2014
Here Comes the Smoulder
Emily's Top 5 Favorite Animated Disney Movie
5) The Emperor's New Groove - Cronk. Is. Awesome. That's really why it's on my list, despite David Spade. But it's also an endearing story about family, friendship, and loyalty.
4) Robin Hood - An oldie, but a goodie. Robin Hood is a romantic, noble character who just so happens to have a travelling minstrel telling his tale. I like a good travelling minstrel, especially one voiced by Roger Miller.
3) Aladdin - Riff raff, street rat, I don't buy that...Aladdin comes from nothing, but he has the world at his fingertips. He is more noble than any prince, and more endearing than any genie.
2) Tangled - It was SO close to being my all-time favorite, but I just couldn't pass up a castle with a giant library. My adoration for this particular title is, in no small part, because of Flynn Rider. He's charming, charismatic, and flawed, and he keeps all of that even after his transformation. But then there are the songs, which hearken back to other classic Disney movies. Don't think it's as good as Frozen? This blogger disagrees.
1) Beauty and the Beast - Belle was always my favorite Disney character. Even though her nose was always in a book, she dreamed of a world, bug and bright full of adventure and interesting people. She was fiercely strong, stubborn, and realistically terrified. But she looked for the good in people, something I always hoped to do. And she has her own library. She has her OWN library! So jealous.
What's your favorite Disney movie?