Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want To Live In OR/AND
Top Ten Characters I'd NEVER Want To Trade Places With
(Feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish)
So this week we have some options...worlds vs. characters. Because I couldn't choose which top ten I wanted to do, I decided to split the difference and list five of each :) Goodness knows there have been a few worlds that terrify me and a few characters that I pity beyond belief.
Top 5 Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In
1) Panem (The Hunger Games) Does this really need explanation? I would last all of 5 seconds in the arena, and even if I wasn't selected for the games, I'd probably antagonize someone from the Capital and be sentenced to death.
2) Camazotz (A Wrinkle in Time) A world in which all of the inhabitants are of a single mind and led by a creepy IT that doesn't know love. Scary!
3) The Future (Feed) I'm already too "plugged in." I don't think I could abide a world where the Internet was physically implanted into my brain.
4) The Arena (Girl in the Arena) I'm really not a fan of reality television, and the thought of a modern world that enjoys new-gladiator sports, watching men fight to the death for the pleasure of viewers, turns my stomach.
5) The Future (Pure) A doll head for a hand. Your brother attached to your back. Complete desolation and fear.
Top 5 Characters I Would NEVER Change Places With
1) Ender Wiggin (Ender's Game) Wicked battle, unreasonable expectations, unimaginable pressure, and people yelling at you all the time. No thank you.
2) Portia Remini (Wonder Show) While the family of "freaks" that Portia meets on her journey would be wonderful, Mister McGreavy scares the living daylights out of me.
3) Cameron Smith (Going Bovine) Because dying of Mad Cow Disease would be a terrible way to go.
4) Ma (Room) Ma's tragic life really speaks for itself.
5) Coraline Jones (Coraline) Would you really want to be chased by Other Mother who wants to sew buttons into your eyes?
Whats on your lists? Happy Reading!!