Before I reveal my bookish related goals for 2014, I thought I'd take a look back at how I did over the past twelve months. Did I meet my goals? Mostly! And, hey, mostly is pretty dar:ned awesome if I do say so myself. I read 130 books this year which isn't too shabby Sure...there were quite a few graphic novels and manga mixed in, but a book is a book and I feel no shame.
Last year (2013) I wanted to:
2) Read at least (3) nonfiction books [Nearly made it...read two.]
3) Read at least (3) adult fiction books [Success!]
4) Read at least (3) classics [Another 2 of 3...but that's two more than 2012]
5) Listen to at least (3) audiobooks [Success!]
6) Review every book I read (and add it to my Goodreads profile)
7) Don't feel guilty for re-reading a book I love while others sit on the shelf [Success!]
8) Don't feel guilty for not completing an audiobook if I don't care for the reader [Success! Started a lot, but only finished a few, and I'm completely guilt free:)]
9) Don't feel guilty for starting new series and then not finishing them [Semi-success! There's always guilt. I'm a librarian. So it goes.]
10) Finally read Graceling by Kristin Cashore, a book that I have checked out (not kidding) eleven times and have yet to actually read it. [Does 3/4 the way done count? This book is my kryptonite! I will finishing you Graceling! By golly I will finish you!]
Did you meet your reading goals? Here's to a year of getting lost in good books!