Top Ten Things I Am Thankful For
(Book related...or not :)
I'm all for giving Thanksgiving some love. The ever encroaching Christmas season is probably one of my biggest holiday pet peeves. I love Christmas. I love what Christmas celebrates. I love the lights and the music. I love the hunt for the perfect present and trimming a beautiful tree. But all in good time people! Why not enjoy season as it comes...not two months in advance. So I was super excited to see that the Top Ten feature was highlighting one of my favorite holidays.
Here's a few things I'm thankful for (in no particular order):
1) I'm thankful that somewhere in me I discovered a love of reading, an appreciation for the written word. Books not only allow me to live many lives, but they force me to expand my imagination and bring a smile to my face.
2) I'm thankful for finding a career that I'm passionate about. I don't necessarily love going into work every day, but I believe what I do makes a difference. I get to help change lives, and I am forever surrounded by people who are changing mine in positive ways.
3) I'm thankful for a family who, while they might occasionally make me a little crazy (love you!), support me through thick and thin.
4) I'm thankful for the opportunities I've had to travel, to see the world, to expand my horizons, and I look forward to the adventures to come.
5) I'm thankful for being apart of a pretty amazing blogging community. For getting to communicate and share with others who believe in creativity and sharing their passions.
6) I'm thankful for a group of friends (both near and far) who support me and push me to be better, dream bigger.
7) I'm thankful that I haven't lost all of my hearing after standing in front of the speakers at more live concerts than I can count. Sure...there's a specific tone I can no longer hear, but is it really important to hear the beep when the copy machine is out of paper?
8) I'm thankful for those who also enjoy inserting the well-timed movie quote or pop culture reference into their lives.
9) I'm thankful for a faith that is never ceasing, a love from a Heavenly Father that is unconditional and forever.
10) I'm thankful for you, dear reader, for stopping by. Thanks for reading and listening, and thank you for the comments and encouragements. Here's to a long and lasting friendship.
Happy reading! (and HAPPY THANKSGIVING)