Top 10 Books I Wish Could Have Had Sequels
(Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish)
Once upon a time there was a princess who inevitably finds herself in some stressful situation. One day the prince, who we know very little about, fights his way through some ridiculous obstacle to save said damsel in distress to save the day. And they lived happily ever after...or did they? Do we really want to know what happens in the castle after the fairy tale is over?
Yes...yes we do. What was life like for Darcy and Elizabeth after the honeymoon was over? What kind of man did Miles "Pudge" Halter become, after school, after Alaska? Usually, though, I just want to know if the characters are happy in their unknown futures. They've obviously been through some type of ordeal...did life get better? So here's my list...ten of my favorites that I wish I could read just a little more about...ten books in a dying breed...the great stand-alone title.
1) The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
2) The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
3) The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
4) Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys
5) The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
6) An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
7) Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
8) Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool
9) The Splendor Falls by Rosemary Clement-Moore
10) Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell