The school year also means are clubs are back in action. We have a new Teen Advisory Board member hosting the Harry Potter Club this fall, so I thought it would be time to get a plan together. Oh, how there is a plethora of Potter related activities to choose from. I think this session we'll step away from following the books and take a theme approach. Here's what I've been thinking:
August - House Proud
- The Sorting Hat is ready to place you in a house! Who will win the House Cup this year?
- House Pop Quiz - How much do you know about your new house and housemates?
- Harry Potter Clue - Survive the game to win points for your house (House points!)
- Quidditch trivia - rules and plot (House points!)
- Indoor Quidditch Tournament
- Harry, Ron, and Hermione Trivia (House points!)
- Pocket Potter Pillows - Miniature versions using fabric markers
- Wizards Duel - Yell out the definition of a spell, the first to come up with the correct spell wins a point (House Points!)
- Potions class - Can you say...dry ice? Yay!
- Hogwarts trivia - how well do you know the school and it's students? (House points!)
- Hogwarts charades - Name that character, book, plot point (House points!)
Any other ideas?