Top 10 Books Featuring Travel
(Hosted by The Broke and The Bookish)
I love roadtrips. I love packing the car, drawing your route on a map, and enjoying the sights as you make your way to your destination. Unfortunately I don't get to take too many roadtrips, so I get to live vicariously through the characters in books. Here are a few of my favorites:
1) Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
With playlists and all!
2) The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
Best plane ride...ever.
3) The Book of Blood and Shadow by Robin Wasserman
Not an ideal roadtrip...but fun!
4) Paper Towns by John Green
A poignant road trip.
5) 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
A sad start, a great journey.
6) Going Bovine by Maureen Johnson
Gnome that thinks he's a norse god. Enough.
7) The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
A journey of mythical proportions. (HA!)
8) Just One Day by Gayle Forman
Can't wait for the second half.
9) The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
One of the most epic journeys of all time.
10) Alice's Adventures Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
Whimsical, curious, and awesome.