Top 10 Beach Reads
(Feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish)
Perfect timing for this Top Ten Tuesday...I'm leaving for the beach tomorrow! Vacation, here I come! I believe that beach reads should be light and fun. I don't want to be sitting on the beach crying at a sad book (too hot and sandy for that) or laughing too hard and sound like an idiot. Maybe a little bit of romance, a few chuckles, and enough thrills to keep me reading and not falling asleep in the sun. So here's ten books I think are great beach reads:
1) 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
Travel, humor, and romance...what more could you want?
2) Impossible by Nancy Werlin
A little bit of whimsy, a little bit of intrigue, a whole lot of fun.
3) Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
Hilarious. But not too hilarious that you'll look crazy on your beach towel.
4) Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen
A soft, fun, romantic read.
5) Stormbreaker by Anthony Horowitz
A fast-paced spy story!
6) Dream Factory by Brad Barkley
Disney. Cause I'm that excited.
7) The Splendor Falls by Rosemary Clement-Moore
A gothic tale with magic and a swoon-worthy boy.
8) Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
Kind of sad, but set on the beach.
9) Take a Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg
A quick read that will make you want to get up and dance.
10) The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Because I loved this book. And I read it while on a beach.