But here we go:
Goodreads Reading Challenge
So...I put down that I would like to read 100 books by the end of the year. I'm at 40/100...40%, and the stupid little counter on my Goodreads profile likes to point out that I am 1 book behind schedule. Oh well...I'm hoping I can hang in there.
YALSA Hub Reading Challenge
The challenge: read at least 25 of YALSA's 2013 award winners by June 22. Official list here.
I fear this is not going to happen, but so far I've read:
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe - Printz nominee
- Prom and Prejudice - Popular paperback
- The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks - Popular paperback
- Drama - Great graphic novel
- Friends With Boys - Great graphic novel
- Wonder Show - Morris Award nominee
- The Raven Boys - Best fiction
- Code Name Verity - Best fiction, Printz nominee
- Where'd You Go, Bernadette - Alex Award nominee
- Enchanted - Best fiction
- Every Day - Best fiction
- Heist Society - Popular paperback
- Stargazing Dog - Great graphic novel
- The Silence of Our Friends - Great graphic novel
- Me and Earl and the Dying Girl - Best fiction
- The Diviners - Best Fiction
Debut Author Challenge
Read at least 12 books by debut YA authors by the end of the year.
Eliot Rosewater Committee
I'm very excited to be a part of the Eliot Rosewater Committee this year! I have to read 22 books by September in preparation for choosing the final selections. So far, I'm 5 of 22. But hey...I just got my list a couple of weeks ago, so good progress.
- Finish at least 5 series I've already started...FAIL
- Read at least (3) nonfiction books - (1) down! : Bossypants by Tina Fey
- Read at least (3) adult fiction books - (1)...well, technically I'm done, but I'm going to try not to overlap too much so: Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple
- Read at least (3) classics - (1) : The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Listen to at least (3) audiobooks - (DONE) : Bossypants, Peril at End House, Revenge of the Witch
- Review every book I've read - (SUCCESS)
- Don't feel guilty for re-reading a book (hasn't come up)
- Don't feel guilty about not finishing an audiobook (FAIL)
- Don't feel guilty about starting a new series (FAIL)
- Finally read Graceling by Kristin Cashore (Almost?)
Hope you're finding success with all of your reading goals for 2013! Happy reading!