Top 10 Books I Thought I'd Like More/Less Than I Did
(Feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish)
I like this list...a lot. I've found the more I know about a book (and the I've heard what people think), the less I tend to enjoy it. There's too much pressure. I've also found that the books that surprise me, stay with me. So I'm splitting it up: 5 more, 5 less.
Books I Thought I'd Like More:
It's not that I didn't like them, it's just that the hype was so high ("It changed my life...") I expected more.
1) Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephan Chbosky
2) Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alier Saenz
3) Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
4) Jellicoe Road by Marlina Marchetta
5) Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley
Books I Thought I'd Like Less:
Pleasant surprises!1) Black Duck by Janet Lisle Taylor
2) The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier
3) Rash by Pete Hautman
4) The Scorpio Races by Maggie Steifvater
5) The Selection by Kiera Cass
What's on your list? Happy reading!