Happy Valentine's Day!
So I'm not the biggest fan of this particular holiday, but I am a HUGE fan of romantic movies. I like the tingly feeling you get when the shy, unassuming girl finds Mr. Right, when eyes meet from across a crowded room, and when someone finds exactly the right words to say that mean I love you. I also like movies where things get blown up, zombies attacks threaten the masses, and animated characters sing and dance, but that's beside the point. In the spirit of the day, I thought I'd share five of my favorite romantic movie/quotes combos.
1) "As you wish." The Princess Bride. Best. Movie. Ever.
2) "Loretta, I love you. Not like they told you love is, and I didn't know this either, love don't make things nice - it ruins everything. It breaks your heart. It makes things a mess. We aren't here to make things perfect. The snowflakes are perfect. The stars are perfect. Not us. Not us! We are here to ruin ourselves and to break our hearts and love the wrong people and die." Moonstruck
3) "I came here tonight because when you
realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want
the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." When Harry Met Sally
4) "There's someone out there for everyone - even if you need a pickaxe, a compass, and night goggles to find them." L.A. Story
5) "Joe Fox: Don't cry, Shopgirl. Don't cry. Kathleen Kelly: I wanted it to be you. I wanted it to be you so badly." You've Got Mail
So that's it! Five of my many favorites. I'd love to hear what you would add!!