Top Ten Tuesday
Top 10 Settings I'd Like to See More of
(Featured by The Broke and the Bookish)
I'm generally not very picky about settings. I'm a little over Prague, but that's my own fault really. Every other book I've read lately has been set in Prague. I'm really a sucker for imaginary lands...and futuristic America, so there's no particular place that interests me more than others. But since this is a list that "requires" ten entries, here we go:
1) Victorian London - Because I love steampunk(ish) fiction.
2) Australia - Because, perhaps we'd get some awesome accented audiobook readers.
3) No particular tropical island - Because Libba Bray did it so well in Beauty Queens.
4) 1920s New York - Because apparently I'm on a Libba Bray kick and really want the sequel to Diviners.
5) Indianapolis - Because it was sooo much fun reading The Fault In Our Stars set in my hometown.
6) Italy - Because it could be just as creepy and ancient as Prague.
7) Ireland - Again with the accents...
8) Outer space - Because if all stories set in space are as awesome as Mothership, than space is where it's at.
9) The beach - Because everythime I read a story set near a beach, I can pretend I'm on vacation.
10) The world of the Fey - The Fey are creepy...and beautiful. And there's magic. And inevitably a dreamy boy, often times that is both creepy and beautiful and has magic.