Top Ten Tuesday
Top 10 Books I Want to Give As Gifts
(Feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish)
I'm a big supporter of giving books as presents. The fun part is trying to match the person with just the right book while maybe, just maybe, choosing something that they wouldn't necessarily choose themselves. If they love, hate, or only find the book lukewarm, I always suggest donating their gently used copies to their local libraries or passing the love along to co-workers and friends. Books, the gift that keeps on giving.
Books that are wrapped and ready for delivery:
1) The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde - For the literary inclined.
2) The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross - For those who like kick butt heroines.
3) Rebel Angels by Libba Bray - For those who have read teh first in the series.
4) The Nigh Circus by Erin Morgenstern - For romantics and whimsy lovers.
5) John Carter of Mars Volume 1 by Edgar Rice Burroughs - For old-school sci-fi readers.
6) Ready Player One by Ernest Cline - For 80's junkies and gamers.
Books friends and family can expect to get for their birthdays:
7) Beauty Queens by Libba Bray - For sarcastic, strong minded feminists.
8) City of Bones by Cassandra Clare - For readers who are getting ready for the movie.
9) A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'Engle - For those who appreciate special childhood reads.
10) For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund - For Jane Austen enthusiasts.