Top Ten Tuesday
Top 10 Tuesday Rewind: Favorite Love Stories
(Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish)
I've been reading a lot of heavy dystopias and relatively dark tales lately, so I thought I'd take a pause and revisit my favorite love stories. I'm a sucker for a good love story, especially ones where I'm laughing one moment, crying the next. There's just something innocent and endearing about teen love stories. Like a good rom-com, they give me the warm and fuzzies. (And now that I think about this list a bit, I'm pretty sure these are my favorites because I may have developed a fictional crush on the male protagonist, several of which are great at "the grand gesture"...)So without further ado, here's my list of favorite love stories:
1) Harry Potter (1-7) - Hermione and Ron - I waited seven long books for this love story to blossom, and I was not left disappointed!
2) Anna and the French Kiss - Anna and Etienne - Love based on friendship...awesome!
3) Keturah and Lord Death - Keturah and Lord Death - Sweet and sad at the same time!
4) Pride and Prejudice - Elizabeth and Darcy - Because it's Elizabeth and Darcy!
5) The Fault in Our Stars - Hazel and Augustus - The most endearing broken heart ever.
6) If I Stay, Where She Went - Mia and Adam - He left. He really left!
7) The Lord of the Rings - Arwen and Aragorn - (Sidenote: This might be swayed a bit for my love of Viggo Mortensen...but) she gave p her immortality!
8) The Iron Fey - Meghan and Ash - The dude literally traveled to the end of the world for her!
9) The Truth About Forever - Macy and Wes - A game you never wanted to end, but was so glad it did!
10) Mercy Thompson series - Mercy and Adam - He lets her kick butt!