How to promote Bully Prevention Awareness Month at your library?
Thanks for tuning in to Episode 2 of Q & A: The Librarian Way. This week we're tackling ways to promote Bully Prevention Awareness Month and keep the spirit of no-tolerance throughout the year.
In a nutshell (but please watch for additional info!):
- Create a book display
- Start a book club
- Share booklists with school counselors
- Use the awesome experts in your community for programming
- Partner with your local school cooperation to encourage dialogue
- Include resources on your website for parents and students [Sample resource guide]
- Act immediatley! If a teen comes to you with a problem, act immediately to promote a welcoming, safe environment in your teen space.