Top 10 Tuesday
Top 10 Characters I'd Like to Switch
Places With for 24 Hrs
Places With for 24 Hrs
(Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish)
I thought this one would be pretty easy, but now I'm not so sure. Does this mean that I would be the character through the entire book, or just through the parts of my choosing? If I can enjoy only those particular moments I'm crazy about and then leave before trouble inevitably strikes, sure, I'd switch places with a character. But in the same breath, as I mentioned in a previous post ("How do you read?"), I read to escape and watch the story unfolding like a movie, not interjecting myself into the mix. So would I really want to enter a book? Would it be the same?
I guess I'm getting off topic. So what 10 characters would I like to switch places with for 24 hours? Hmmm...
1) Arwen (The Lord of the Rings) Because how bad could it really be being the most beautiful elf in the land and falling in love with Aaragorn, especially if he were to really look anything like Viggo Mortensen.
2) Anna (Anna and the French Kiss) Because Boarding School would be interesting, especially with the companionship of an adorable boy with a British accent.
3 & 4) Finley Jayne (The Girl in the Steel Corset) and Celaena (Throne of Glass) Because I'd like to know how it feels to have some serious butt kicking abilities.
5) Meghan (The Iron Fey series) Because while the thought of approaching Queen Mab of the Winter Court terrifies me, living for a while in the land of faerie with Puck and Ash could be a lot of dangerous fun.
6) Lavender Brown (Harry Potter) Because I'd get to spend quality time with Ron Weasley, even though he would shortly break my heart.
7) Dorothy (The Wonderful Wizard of Oz) Because while there's no place quite like home, traveling through Oz with a lion, a scarecrow, and a tin woodman would be the thing of dreams.
8) Stephanie (Skulduggery Pleasant) Because how awesome would it be to do battle with a fire-throwing, skeleton detective?
9) Puck (The Scorpio Races) Because I would like to know the courage of fighting for my family and riding in a race of man-eating horses with brooding Sean.
10) Cimorene (Dealing With Dragons) Because living with dragons and scaring off unwanted male suitors can be a good time.