Top 10 Tuesdays
Top Ten Books for People Who Like Sarah Dessen
When you love so many authors, it's kind of hard to pick just for a top ten list. When I returned to recreational reading after college, I first devoured the A Series of Unfortunate Events series. But then I discovered Sarah Dessen. I've professed my love before, and I'm sure I will continue to unashamedly write sonnets to her writing in blog posts to come, but today, here is my top ten list of books you'll love if share my same affection for sweet, emotional, romantic, coming of age stories with strong young female protagonists.
10) Roger and Amy's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
| Beware...this book will instill a deep desire to travel|
the open road listening to awesome tunes.
9) The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
|Chance meetings, plane rides, and the start of a maybe. |
Doesn't get much better.
8) Ten Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn't Have) by Sarah Mlynowski
|Several really bad decisions,|
but lessons learned along the way.
7) The Boyfriend List by E. Lockhart
|Captures the awkwardness of the high school years,|
but fills them with hope.
6) If I Stay by Gayle Foreman
|When leaving is the easy option.|
Broke my heart. And then I wanted to read it again.
5) How to Say Goodbye in Robot by Natalie Standiford
|Interesting story about friendship and late night radio.|
4) Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
|Love, loss, friendship, and forgiveness...|
and the beach.
3) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
|A story about the importance of friendship|
in a variety of forms.
2) Perfect You by Elizabeth Scott
|Finding love at a mall kiosk.|
1) Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
|Etienne. Enough said.|