Top Ten Tuesday
Top 10 Favorite Quotes From Books
Top 10 Favorite Quotes From Books
(Hosted by The Broke and The Bookish)
Love this one! I'm a post-it note reader. I sit with a stack of post-its next to me so I can mark or jot down my favorite parts, quotes, and moments in books. People know that if they borrow a book, they have to leave the notes in their space. Sometimes you just like to go back and relive your favorite books, and my post-it note system makes it easier.
So without further ado...here are my top 10 favorite quotes from books!
1) "Augustus: 'I am. I didn't cut this fella off for the sheer unadulterated pleasure of it, although it is an excellent weight-loss strategy. Legs are heavy!'"
~The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
2) “Adina’s been teaching us stuff at Smart School. Like about geography and real estate companies and feminism,” Tiara explained to the pirates. “Cool,” said George. “Yeah. It is.” She squinted in thought. “Do you think my new feminism makes me look fat?”
~Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
3) "I scowled. Being manipulated has always been one of my least favorite things. Right up there with snakes. And Britney Spears."
~Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
4) "Grown-ups never understand anything by themselves, and it is exhausting for children to have to provide explanations over and over again."
~The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Expuery
5) "We look not at the the things that are waht you would call seen, but at the things that are not seen. For the things that are seen are temporal. But the things that are not seen are eternal."
~A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
6) “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
~The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien
7) "Life can be long or short, it all depends on how you choose to live it. It's like forever, always changing. For any of us our forever could end in an hour, or a hundred years from now. You can never know for sure, so you'd better make every second count. What you have to decide is how you want your life to be. If your forever was ending tomorrow, is this how you'd want to have spent it?”
~The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
8) "Not my daughter, you bitch!"
~Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
9) “Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin'.”
~To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
10) “We are standing at a party, a still, quiet eddy in the swirl of motion and noise.We aren’t talking, but not because we aren’t talking. We aren’t talking because this is what we do at parties. We stand here. ‘Here” is somewhere near the midsection of the party animal. We don’t want to appear to want to be here. Everything we do implies that we might not need to be here long at all…We stand in the den off to one side with our backs near the wall, holding our Diet Coke and our beer, nodding every once in a while at people going by, but not really talking to them any more than we are talking to each other.” “What are we doing here?” I ask David, after about an hour of this. “Mitchell,” David answers after a sufficiently long pause to show that he’s in no hurry to answer the question, “we are partying.”
~Two Parties, One Tux, and a Very Short Film About the Grapes of Wrath by Steven Goldman
And one for the road...since it's a quote in a book and not really a book quote.
"We are all, each and every one of us, misunderstood. And every individual is abnormal. But I ask you, where's the fun in normal?"- Phineas Fletcher (~Lemonade Mouth by Mark Peter Hughes