Q & A The Librarian Way :
Library Shorts - New Years Resolutions
So New Year's resolutions...whether they are unspoken or shared with others, I try some form of resolution every year. And I fail miserably every year, but this year I'm getting smart and picking attainable goals that might just get completely by the time 2014 rolls around. Check out the video for my "5" New Year's resolutions for 2013, and after, return here for the full list of "20 Ways to Maintain Your Insanity." Which one do you think I should complete???
1) At lunch time, sit in your parked car with sunglasses on and point a hair dryer at passing cars. See if they slow down.
2) Page yourself over the intercom. Don't disguise your voice.
3) Every time someone asks you to do something, ask if they want fries with that.
4) Put your garbage can on your desk and label it "in."
5) Put decaf in the coffee maker for 3 weeks; once everyone has gotten over their caffeine addictions, switch to espresso.
6) In the memo field of all of your checks, write "for smuggling diamonds."
7) Finish all of your sentences with "in accordance with the prophecy."
8) Dont use an punctuation
9) As often as possible, skip rather than walk
10) Order a diet water whenever you go out to eat, with a serious face
11) Specify that your drive-thru order is "to go."
12) Sing along at the opera.
13) Go to a poetry recital and ask why the poems don't rhyme .
14) Put mosquito netting around your work area and play tropical sounds all day.
15) Five days in advance, tell your friends you can't attend their party because you're not in the mood.
16) Have your co-workers address you by your wrestling name, Rock Bottom.
17) When the money comes out of the ATM, scream "I won, I won!"
18) When leaving the zoo, start running towards the parking lot yelling "Run for your lives, they're loose!"
19) Encourage your colleagues to join you in a little synchronized chair dancing.
20) Find out where your boss shops and buy exactly the same outfits. Always wear them one day after your boss does. (This is especially effective if your poss is a different gender than you.)